Sometimes food, sometimes fashion, sometimes just life .................................



Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear your views x


Wednesday 13 October 2010

Wallpaper to take out a second mortgage for?


I was in a bar in Chester recently and found the perfect wallpaper for my living room - only to go on a feature wall, and only requiring 4 rolls - and best of all the lovely man and I both agreed that it was right for the room (we hardly ever like the same fittings/furnishings etc). So I trawled the internet looking for the paper - found some great suppliers like Timorous Beasties - what a great name, and finally found the one - Cole and Son, Saori.
I placed an online order for samples £1 each and went for a couple more just to be sure, waited a couple of days, the samples turned up, and Saori was just right as we had expected. I telephoned my local stockist and placed an order for 4 rolls, leaving card details. And this is where I was very lucky, the store phoned me back - the paper was out of stock until November, and was I aware of the price? A steal at £143.70 a roll not including VAT! Needless to say I am not spending £800 to paper one wall of a room, although it did occur to me that I could order samples stealthily from several addresses and end up with enough to do a patchwork job ha ha!!

5 comments:

  1. *reeling* that's a LOT for wallpaper.


    But it IS rather lovely, isn't it? And it WILL last a very long time - just let's say you got bored with it after 5 years, that's only £3.07 per week to have its magnificence on your walls..... ;-)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get this, I definitely, definitately left a comment on here. Where'd it go?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that a lucky escape!! But hey if they send big enough samples you could always frame pieces and make a nice feature x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only ever paper one wall - smallest one usually because all the wallpaper I like is a sodding £79.99 per roll!

    xx

    ReplyDelete