Sometimes food, sometimes fashion, sometimes just life .................................



Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear your views x


Wednesday 13 October 2010

Healthy Grown up Treat

I have just made this recipe and had a small slice with a cup of tea - it is around 200 calories a slice, but only has dark chocolate and nuts rather than butter as the fat content.

Chocolate Macaroon Cake

First of all toast 20z of whole almonds and 20z of walnuts, then cool and grind.

Whisk together 3 egg whites and one whole egg with 70z caster sugar until very thick and pale.

Into the egg mixture fold 20z plain flour, 1 bar of good quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt with a touch of sea salt - fab) grated, and 20z cocoa powder, plus most of the ground nuts - keep a few back for topping.

Pour the mixture into a 9" tin greased and lined, sprinkle with the remaining nuts and bake for around 35 to 40 mins at Gas 4, 180c. Leave to cool completely before removing carefully onto a plate - can be dusted with icing sugar if you wish, but looks lovely anyway . It is food like this which will help me slip into the Moschino Cheap and Chic dress for the posh wedding in November ;-( Actually I deserve every mouthful, in the past two days I have walked 4 miles, run 2 miles, attended 2 circuit classes (why???) and one legs, bums and tums class, and I can feel every muscle in my body and not in a good way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment