Sometimes food, sometimes fashion, sometimes just life .................................



Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear your views x


Tuesday 12 October 2010

The Best Things in Life


Well after doing a runner in Rome, you would think I might be planning on going straight at least for a while - but no, I spent this glorious Indian summer afternoon scrumping for apples with my neighbour who is 72 years young and very able up a ladder! We literally cleared a whole ancient apple tree of Bramley's - otherwise they would all go to windfall and be wasted, so I now have four carrier bags full to be distributed amongst friends and neighbours. The other freebie I have discovered today is walnuts, somewhere in this village there is a walnut tree, the birds are picking them and then dropping them all around our gardens, the plan for tomorrow is to find the tree and pick my own walnuts - how fantastic is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment