Sometimes food, sometimes fashion, sometimes just life .................................



Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear your views x


Wednesday 15 September 2010

Italian Adventure Part I

Well I was browsing for a photo depicting Florence, and this is what I came across! Sorry if it offends ;-} Apologies for the lengthy gap in my blogging, we have had a couple of health issues which are now thankfully completely resolved and have left me with a sense of live for the moment, really live for the moment. So the Italian Adventure is one I am hoping some of you well travelled bloggers might be able to help me with - we plan to spend a week in October (courtesy of Ryanair £75 return) travelling between Venice and Rome and I am on the lookout for some sensational places to stay in both cities and anywhere in between so any suggestions would be most welcome. I have included the photo of David because I would like to spend a day or two in Florence - I have been there before in July when it was too hot to do much other than quaff large amounts of Prosecco, I am still hoping for sunshine in October but not quite so much heat.


In the further spirit of living for the moment I am alternating between exercising like a demon and eating healthily and then a little of what you fancy does you good - dark chocolate with sea salt, champagne, white wine kettle chips and Crespo olives (all at the same time). Like Hestia, I am going to a wedding in November and have a target dress to slip into, so the diet and exercise stories will unfold - this week I WILL go to the gym, just paying the membership is not enough to loose inches unfortunately. AM says rowing is the way forward, the only problem is it is soooo boring, unless I watch Come Dine with Me as I row, and then I inevitably have to leave the machine to eat!

6 comments:

  1. I sure hope that you are losing more weight than me for the up and coming weddings! I may have to resort to SPANX to keep my bits under control!

    Very glad to hear that you are well and wishing you much joy on your Italian jaunt. Wish I could come with you!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, I am not sure about the weightloss, I just need to fit comfortably in the dress - I dont find control underwear very comfortable so that's not an option. Am thinking of blogging everything I consume - how embarrassing would that be, but I think it might work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It MIGHT work. It might depress the hell out of you1 I'm just cutting back on the crap (a bit!) and upping the physical activity a teensy bit.

    Race you to see if we can fit in our dresses!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can definitely have a race - I think we are very similarly proportioned and age so it is a fair contest - although I did read India Knight in the Style Magazine say she had lost a cumulative 17 inches by having a seaweed wrap - now that appeals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the blogging food diary .. I had a whole blog dedicated to my weight loss programme... I worked for a while.. but I ended up boring myself LOL
    I would however say that a food diary can help .. I hope you have a great time away. I wondered how you were, I am still manic.. if it is not one thing it is another.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth and Ali - didn't get round to doing the food diary but have cut back significantly on the drinking which means that I am sleeping better (AM has cut back too so no snoring to keep me awake either) also no crisps and olives since don't appeal so much without the wine and I do feel better/slimmer already - no doubt the resolve will go out of the window on my hols but what the heck - life is too short xxx

    ReplyDelete