Sometimes food, sometimes fashion, sometimes just life .................................



Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear your views x


Saturday 31 July 2010

A lovely pre-birthday treat


I had a spectacular day yesterday to make up for the crappy day on Thursday - it was the beginning of my birthday week - yes not just a day, a whole week of celebrating! My friend N and I caught the train up to Manchester and spent the day in my favourite "local" shop. We started with a personal shopping experience - buying the dreaded jeans - on arrival at the personal shopping suite we were offered coffee and shown into a large mirrored room (miracle mirrors and lighting that make you look 10 years younger and a stone lighter! - I need these at home) and along one wall was a clothes rail filled with different styles and sizes of denim jeans - this is the only way to buy this must have wardrobe staple, although even in this lap of luxury we still both felt hot and exhausted when we finally settled on a pair each (mine J Brand cigarette mid rise, N's Paige boot cut - both lovely). The whole denim experience was very enlightening - we were told to buy a snug fit and wear them for a couple of hours without removing the labels - during this time the denim will give and the jeans will be a perfect comfortable fit - if this is not the case they can be returned to the store. You wash denim infrequently and never tumble dry it (I know it is probably blindingly obvious not to tumble dry expensive jeans, but when I bought a pair of Sevens and they felt too big, I thought a tumble dry might give the desired results - it didn't they are now too short but still too loose). N opened an account with the store which meant we both got 10% discount on our purchase, and it gets better, we had time for a quick lunch in the brasserie before we settled down to champagne manicures and pedicures and a spot of people watching and gossip - 2 hours and perfect toes and hands later we moved over to the Creme de la Mer counter for another spot of pampering with more champagne. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment